Wednesday, October 24, 2012

observation

I just had my class observed by the vice principal of the school, and I think it went pretty well. I had two kids named Anna and Tina, ages four and five. I'm not quite sure if Anna was a boy or girl? It's sometimes hard to tell when these little ones all have a bull haircut. I wonder if my sister Anna was mistaken for a boy as a child? Why parents give their children bull cuts I dont know.... but they sure are damn cute! Anyways, Anna and Tina were great, we played with flashcards and worked on vocabulary. Played a little dice game and then I taught them the Hokey Pokey. I've downloaded a few sing alongs from iTunes. I teach the kids the hand motions then we do the song and dance a couple times. The girls/kids? loved it. My assistant was in the class as well and she said it was great, the vice principal was impressed and that we will sign the contract on Monday. I know it will still take time, but I am definitely getting more and more comfortable teaching here....

so cute Anna.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would do well. You are a natural with kids, uninhibited and quick to think.
    It's a "bowl" cut. Imagine an empty rice bowl placed over a child's head, then trim around the edge. They're cute.
    Happy for you that things are falling in to place.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete