Monday, October 15, 2012

Chinese drivers.

Asians get a lot of shit for their driving in the US... maybe that's our fault because we have never seen what it's like to drive in China. What is it like you ask? It's insane!! It seems as if there are no traffic laws. It's just every man, scooter, biker, and pedestrian for themselves. I'm pretty sure my van sideswiped a scooter on my way from the airport to the hotel. They also honk at everything. In excess. It seems as if there is always a reason to honk: I'm happy. You're in my way. I'm about to hit you. I like your shoes. I want to go faster. I mean really, the honking never stops. But I forgot about all of that today when I heard the music coming from the street sweeper truck. What song was it you ask? "It's a small world" Why yes it is...

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Carrie! Love hearing your adventures; thanks for sharing. When we were in Buenos Aires for a month at first we thought the driving and honking were crazy awful scary. But then I realized these were the best drivers ever! 40,000 (really) cabs in that city. They drive without lanes and do honk all the time but it works AND they are NEVER using cell phones while driving. Not bad after all. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete