Sunday, December 30, 2012

big news!


Something amazing happened today! Actually, two things. One: I went to the gym. It's taken a month to finally get there. For a while there I wasn't sure it would ever happen. Two: It's SNOWING!!

I didn't think I would be this excited about snow? I think it's just so different when it's snowing in a big city rather than the mountains. The city looks so beautiful. I honestly don't know what it is, I had the biggest grin on my face on my walk home from the gym! Wait a minute! Doesn't exercising release endorphines and help boost your mood? Naahhh, we'll just say it was the snow. I have also figured out how to stay warm this winter; the gym. It takes an awful long time for your body to cool down after a workout. In fact it's the perfect amount of time to get home and take a little stroll down by the canal. The snow and my walk home (and maybe some of those endorphines bouncin around) but me in the best mood. I even found this beautiful temple/pagoda right by my apartment. I've seen it a few times, but never explored it. Lucky for me, no body else was interested in sightseeing in the snow. Tomorrow after work I am going to Shanghai again. I'll be ringing in the new year in Shanghai with some friends. It should be really fun. There is a lot more going on in Shanghai for NYE than in Hangzhou. And any excuse to go to more of an western/international city sounds good to me!


Also, I would like to clarify that Laurel knows what "swag" means. I don't know why I ever doubted her.

1 comment:

  1. maybe she thought you said "Shwag", you know, the cheaper stuff :)

    ReplyDelete